"Anki is a program which makes remembering things easy. Because it's a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn. Anyone who needs to remember
things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-agnostic and supports images, audio, videos and scientific markup (via LaTeX), the possibilities are endless."
1. Click here to Download Anki.
2. Double click the downloaded “deb” file and click “install”.
To-Do After Installing Anki
Share more Anki tips with the world in the wiki.
Useful Anki Add-ons
- Download From Quizlet Image Import Supported
- Memrise Course Importer
Installing Anki Add-ons
1. Go to the add-on’s webpage and copy the add-on code:
2. Run Anki, go to “Tools > Add-ons > Browse and Install...” . Paste the code in the “code” textbox and click on “OK”:
3. Anki will download the addon and ask you to restart it. So, close and run Anki. You will find your addon in the “Tools” menu:
4. If you would like to remove any addon, you can navigate to “Tools > Add-ons > addon-name > delete”
Privoox has not encountered any problems while using Anki. Please report your problems or solutions in the wiki. Let's work together to make Linux easy for everybody.
"A feature-rich dictionary lookup program, supporting multiple dictionary formats (StarDict/Babylon/Lingvo/Dictd) and online dictionaries, featuring perfect article rendering with the complete markup, illustrations and other content retained, and allowing
you to type in words without any accents or correct case."
Run the following commands to install GoldenDict:
# sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install goldendict
To-Do After Installing GoldenDict
Share your GoldenDict tips with the world in the wiki.
Installing Third-Party Dictionaries
1. Many types of dictionaries are supported by GoldenDict. For example, there is a huge list of free Babylon “bgl” dictionaries here.
2. Download a dictionary file and put them in a specific folder:
3. Run GoldenDict, go to “Edit > Dictionaries...”, add the directory where you saved your dictionary files then click on “OK”:
When you add more dictionaries in the same directory, just come back to the same settings again and click on “Rescan now” then click on “OK”.
4. You can use your dictionary now. You may disable or enable it as it is indicated by the red arrow below:
Privoox has not encountered any problems while using GoldenDict. Please report your problems or solutions in the wiki. Let's work together to make Linux easy for everybody.