"LibreOffice is a powerful office suite; Its clean interface and its powerful tools let you unleash your creativity and grow your productivity. LibreOffice embeds several applications that make it the most powerful Free & Open Source Office suite on the
Run the following commands to add the repository and install LibreOffice:
# sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
# sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install libreoffice
To-Do After Installing LibreOffice
Share more LibreOffice tips with the world in the wiki.
LibreOffice Privacy Settings
1. Go to “Tools > Options > LibreOffice > User Data” . Add or edit any data you wish. This is the data that is used when saving documents.
2. Go to “Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Security . In “Security Options and Warnings” section, choose “Options”. Edit the options as below or as you wish.
Installing LibreOffice Extentions
1. Go through the extensions in the link above and download your favorites.
2. In LibreOffice, go to “Tools > Extension Manager...” . Click on “Add”.
3. Choose the extension that you have downloaded and click “Open”. You’ll be asked to choose “For whom do you want to install the extension.
4. That’s it. You may find some options of your extension in “Tools > Add-Ons”.
Privoox has not encountered any problems while using LibreOffice. Please report your problems or solutions in the wiki. Let's work together to make Linux easy for everybody.
"calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books."
Run the following command to install or upgrade Calibre:
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"
To-Do After Installing Calibre
Share more Calibre tips with the world in the wiki.
Connecting a Device to Calibre
1. Run Calibre, connect your device to your computer. You will be notified that your device is detected and whether you would like to add it or not. When you choose “yes”, Calibre starts adding and scanning your device for e-book info. Click on the “jobs” icon on the bottom corner to see the status:
2. “Getting list of books on device” job takes a little long. Even though the progress is unavailable, just be patient and it will finish successfully after a few minutes.
When Calibre detects a device, you may choose to not add it by mistake or for other reasons. In this case, that device will be added in the ignored devices list, so Calibre will not try to add it again. You can modify your ignored devices list by going to “Preferences > Ignored devices”.
Privoox has not encountered any problems while using Calibre. Please report your problems or solutions in the wiki. Let's work together to make Linux easy for everybody.
"Okular is a universal document viewer based developed by KDE. Okular combines the excellent functionalities with the versatility of supporting different kind of documents, like PDF, Postscript, DjVu, CHM, XPS, ePub and others."
Run the following commands to install Okular:
# sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install okular
To-Do After Installing Okular
Share more Okular tips with the world in the wiki.
Privoox has not encountered any problems while using Okular. Please report your problems or solutions in the wiki. Let's work together to make Linux easy for everybody.